Re: What is RDF?

Author:mike donellan
Posted:8/21/2000; 6:42:06 PM
Topic:What is RDF?

My two cents:

RDF is lab coat slang for Artificial Intelligence.

It's really strange... why is it that something as beneficial as AI could be to the web has to be morphed into the mangle of details found on the w3c site?

To make sense to "dumb machines" - machines that are only capable of doing what they are told to do by us in the first place - we have to feed them instructions that we ourselves don't even really understand!

I know I'm over-simplifying, but it's like there's this cook who has added too much of a good thing to the soup. Now it tastes bad, but he has a table full of hungry guests. He has no solution but to keep adding other *things* to try and salvage the doomed soup. And it's hot in the kitchen...

Yuck.