Re: What is RDF?

Author:Dave Winer
Posted:8/21/2000; 9:24:11 AM
Topic:What is RDF?

More to the point, though, I believe that once people find out how complex constructing a useful "Semantic Web" actually is, the idea will fall out of favor and we'll continue to face the limited sort of functionality on the web we already have.

That's what I've been saying on the FoRK list, show me the tool first, and then we'll talk about standardized data formats.

I'm afraid our goals are orthogonal. I make tools, for writers and designers and programmers, not AI heavyweights. I see a whole bunch of other hard problems, probably very different from the ones Guha sees.