Re: What is RDF?

Author:R.V.Guha
Posted:8/21/2000; 8:01:40 PM
Topic:What is RDF?

Thank you.

Yes, I would like to have the ability to represent logical rules in RDF.

Progress in standards is slow. Crawl, walk, run.

I have great hopes for the DAML efforts that are trying to incorporate standard ontologies, inference rules, etc. into an RDF framework.

Inferencing in Cyc (with about 0.5M rules) was very hard. Inferencing in any language with any expressiveness is undecidable. Inferencing on the web is going to be much harder. And therefore more fun!

I also believe in the use of representations with a declarative semantics, even without inference rules. Thats another reason why RDF is so important!

guha