No thrones or monarchs, thank you

Author:Brett Glass
Posted:8/25/2000; 12:32:28 PM
Topic:A softer GPL?

I don't want to ascend to any thrones, thank you, nor do I want to claim "sainthood" as does RMS. However, I do care strongly about ethics and think that it is time to set forth ethical criteria for software licenses. These criteria should be objective. The criterion should not be "Brett Glass (or ESR, or whoever) has approved this license" but rather that "this license meets this clear and unambiguous set of ethical standards." I think that's reasonable, don't you?

--Brett Glass