Re: Yeah, Right.

Author:Mark Alexander
Posted:8/25/2000; 3:37:09 PM
Topic:Next survey: Are you an open source developer?

Thanks to the brilliance of our elected officials in the US Congress who passed the Digital Millenium Copyright Act, it is now easy to have legal protection for your intellectual property. All you need to do is provide a trivial method to protect your content, like bad encryption and then if anyone breaks your encryption to access your IP in a way you dont want, then they have broken the law. Just think about it, provide a simple access control on your content and have it be a Federal crime to violate your access control. Wow, I cant wait...