Re: Yeah, Right.

Author:Mark A. Hershberger
Posted:8/25/2000; 2:58:54 PM
Topic:Next survey: Are you an open source developer?

You are right. My comments were a little over-the-top.

However, I still believe the world is changing. Perhaps the Sony exec will get his way and he'll make it nearly impossible to get an unlicensed copy of a song. But I believe there is a good chance he won't get his way.

I don't want to advocate theft of IP, but it is getting easier and more widespread. Something has to happen. Either the walls are built higher or they collapse entirely. Or something else I can't imagine right now. But somethings gotta happen. There is too much tension right now and either the dam gets repaired quickly our the whole thing collapses.

(Ok, too many metaphors for today.)

Mark.