[ANN] FileMaker Pro 4.0 Records to Frontier and XML Updated

Author:Donald W. Larson
Posted:8/27/2000; 3:51:36 PM
Topic:[ANN] FileMaker Pro 4.0 Records to Frontier and XML Updated

My FileMaker Pro 4.0 Records to Frontier and XML script now additionally creates a Radio UserLand compatible outline and the Radio UserLand outlineDocument.

I have this working in Frontier 6.2.1 (BTW, the system.verbs.builtins.op.outlineToXml verb OMM, does not have the most recent version as is in Radio UserLand 7.0b14. Until UserLand gets that update in there, copy and paste the RUOutline into Radio UserLand and save the outline to generate it from there.)

In Radio UserLand, look under my Donald W. Larson "puff" in the "cloud" for the "databasetest.xml" element for the results of my simple example query.

I found an old sample UserLand script from former Frontier days:

suites.samples.basicStuff.buildTableOutline

and modified it to create a suitable format that works with my example database data.

I think that verb modification needs to be put into the next release of Radio Userland and then my FileMaker Pro 4.0 Records to Frontier and XML scripts could be used within Radio UserLand directly. If that capability is desired, I can help make further changes to the code. Just let me know. :-)

I hope folks find this useful because I think Radio UserLand is cool!

Don