Re: Rock and Roll - On open source

Author:Mark A. Hershberger
Posted:8/29/2000; 11:49:55 AM
Topic:Rock and Roll - On open source

My personal experience is very different.

And mine is rather limited.

Working at UserLand is probably great because it is a company that "gets it" to some degree or other. Unfortunatly, most companies don't get it. My experience on the software side of things has been with companies of this kind. But like I said, that experience is limited.

On the whole, I'd rather not give up my IP to eat and it makes me uneasy knowing that I will usually have to. I see that the people with creativity (however little) have to deal with the people with money in order to eat. Too often, the people with money know they are in a position of power and they exploit that position and end up hurting the people with creativity.

I do hear what you are saying about working as a team, though. And it may be my lack of experience of working in a close team environment with competent people that colors my vision.

Mark.