Re: Are XML Namespaces difficult for users?

Author:Dave Winer
Posted:8/30/2000; 8:09:33 AM
Topic:cam?

BTW, looking at the O'Reilly Net home page, I count six references to RSS 1.0 and zero occurrences of the word "proposal".

http://www.oreillynet.com/

Their marketing machine is in full gear, and somehow they haven't gotten and aren't delivering the message that this is a proposal.

Guha's comments on the FoRK list also substantiate the idea that this is very quickly transitioning from a proposal to a defacto standard, at least in their view.

There's a lot of double-talk going on here. And I notice that Tim is trying to throw me some kind of bone, but that makes it all the more humiliating.

Here's a screen shot of the home page.

http://www.scripting.com/images/oreillyNetHomePage.gif