Substitutes for Pyra?

Author:Bryce
Posted:8/30/2000; 8:39:30 AM
Topic:Substitutes for Pyra?

Figure that this is a good of a place to ask as any...

Are there any alternatives out there to Pyra? If you haven't heard of Pyra, it's a collaborative web-based project management system. Blogger was an off-shoot of this product, and unfortunately Pyra (the company) has ceased working on Pyra (the product) to focus on the much-sexier Blogger product. The Pyra beta site (http://beta.pyra.com) is still active, but I'm loathe to use it for new projects since it's future is a big fat question-mark.

I need a product that will let me coordinate projects with folks in diverse locations. I'm a road-warrior based out of Germany, most of my team is in Boca Raton, and we have a large development group in Orem as well. Need to be able to handle feature requests / additions, bugs, generic tasks, and notes / documentation. Must have the ability to assign any of those items to an individual. Must have an audit trail for any changes made to an item.

I don't need source control, messaging, or any other "fluff", just pure project-management. The solution must be web-based. Prefer something self-hosted on NT/IIS, but I can deal with Apache on BSD or Irix.

Any ideas / pointers are greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

-Bryce