Re: calling the GPL a "poison pill"

Author:Dennis Peterson

I like the GPL for that very reason. The BSD license is more generous, but I think the GPL is a reasonable thing to ask. I would probably use BSD for code I intend to release and forget, and GPL for projects I want to keep developing. Personal preference.

But I do see how it could be a "poison pill" for anyone who releases both commercial and non-commercial software--if you GPL your free stuff, are you restricting your ability to use your own code in your commercial software? (I don't know the license well enough to say.)