Re: Technical Conferences

Author:tom.jeffery@hsa.hitachi.com

Boy, the GCA SGML conference used to be like that--One presentation after another sparking ideas, hallway conversations sparking more, even the closing address by Michael Sperberg-McQueen was priceless. When XML was being conceived, things got really hot. I haven't been in a while, but I hear it is all suits now, the techies and the idealistic scholars all gone. Probably better this way...