Re: The Lie of "IP"

Author:Jim Stegman
Posted:8/31/2000; 2:02:02 PM
Topic:The Lie of "IP"

I worked at a little company called ICOM Simulations, Inc.

I remember it well! Didn't you guys also publish TMON? I loved it! But now I betray both my age and my nerdihood. ;-)

In particular, I feel that having a distributed development team would present significant hurdles to achieving the cohesion that a good game exhibits.

I think it depends on the game. Console games, like Quake, are technical masterpieces that I think could be (and will be) done by a distributed development team.