Re: Mac OS X and Frontier

Author:Dave Winer
Posted:8/31/2000; 2:03:30 PM
Topic:Mac OS X and Frontier

Let's try to get creative on ways to catch Apple's attention with Manila/Frontier running on Mac OS X.

On Tuesday I went to visit a friend of mine who's VP-Business Development at Macromedia, David Jacobs. I've known Dave for 15 years, and he's one of my best friends. I told him what we were doing, and they're really in the loop with Apple, and he said he still wasn't clear on what our software does.

Now Dave is a great salesman. How can we show him what we can do in the context of their premier product, Dreamweaver, the role Manila and Mac OS X can play in making the Mac a great asset not just in education but in business too?

I have to find the right demo, and pitch to unlock his creativity. I want to do this, I'm not a great salesman, in fact I'm almost an anti-salesman. But I want this product to be appreciated and used in the Mac OS X environment.