Re: Mac OS X and Frontier

Author:Russell Lipton
Posted:8/31/2000; 3:05:45 PM
Topic:Mac OS X and Frontier

With respect to (and for!) Manila, I think it should be the default corporate departmental (collaborative) tool for modeling/prototyping personal projects; and projects to be communicated with other corporate teams across the Intranet; and projects to be communicated across the Internet when applicable (for instance, b-to-b). What did I miss? ;-)

If-or-as required, pipe work in Frontier/Manila to other corporate tools or input from tools, including DreamWeaver.

Another cut at same vision - Dreamweaver is for collaboration between designers. Frontier is for collaboration between programmers. Manila is for collaboration between writers-editors. Can't we all get along? Work along?

Still another cut on the Intranet side - in my imagined Userland-intelligent "corporation", I have ... .... several personal weblogs for scratchpad stuff .... share in several workgroup or departmental weblogs .... share in applicable corporate-wide weblogs (with Dreamweaver and Frontier serving as communicating data repositories playing to their individual strengths)

I would try to demo the radical scalability of Manila backed by Frontier - from day-one use by administrative assistant through extreme hacker. Show how a personal scratchpad weblog communicates with other team member webloggers with corporate level webloggers with b-to-b partners across the Net ... and how Mac OS/X and Dreamweaver add intense value, especially as the number of collaborating users/nodes and the criticality of project to corporation increases.

Nothing to it .... just a simple matter of selling, eh? And packaging, documenting, training and .....

My rambling $ .02.