Re: There is no such thing as "my version"

Author:Dave Winer

This is so silly. My request is to let RSS be, if people have ideas for improving it, incrementally, slowly, let's see if we can help each other. It is what it is, a mature format, not capable of sustaining a revolution, and to try to do that is to devalue it.

I'm willing to help by writing specs, asking questions, and seeing if we can implement ideas in our software. The key word there is "help". I'm not taking responsibility for the future of RSS. I never have wanted that, despite what other people have said. That's part of the smear job Ken.

The game is played in a variety of places. In aggregators for sure, and in software like Chuck's that reads RSS, and in Moreover's feeds, and Carmen's Headline Viewer. Blogger and Manila certainly have something to say about it. Salon, Herring, Wired and Motley Fool, Slashdot, Linux Today, FreshMeat, etc. This is where the rubber meets the road, these are the people and pubs and tools that can move RSS forward.