Re: Want to tell the list?

Author:Dave Winer

From O'Reilly's POV, I think it's different. They want to keep the name -- they have a bunch invested in it.

What exactly does O'Reilly have invested in it?

Of course you can keep the RSS 1.0 name. I'm not going to sue you or O'Reilly or Guha over it. I can't change the bits on their website, or on the eGroups site. They could call it Pope John Paul if they want.

"the pope"

On the other hand, it doesn't stop anyone else from calling their work RSS 1.0 or 2.0 or 12.0 or whatever they want.