Re: Want to tell the list?

Author:Zac

Nobody's forcing them to use them!

You're right. And people won't use it if it doesn't do what they want to or is too complicated for them to do so. I don't know about anyone else but I like understanding the tools I use.

Just understand that it's different than what we're trying to do, which is RDF Site Summary.

So then change the name. It is abundantly clear that the RRS 1.0 folks don't have the same goals as many of the current users of RSS. So why they'd go and rewrite the format with those goals in mind is beyond me adn is yet another indication of the aforementioned elitism.

But, as you mention, the best thing to do is perhaps for the RSS 1.0 team to come up with a new name...and no, I think we can just keep calling RSS 0.91 by the existing name.