Petreley on Open Source advocacy? Not!

Author:Mark Allerton
Posted:9/7/2000; 4:01:07 AM
Topic:Free Speech or Free Stuff

I'm probably asking for trouble here, but I followed the link to the Petreley LinuxWorld editorial after reading Dave's comments and was surprised to find an article which as far as I could tell was not making a point about Open Source advocacy, but instead was making a point regarding Napster and copyright. Furthermore, the argument presented is pretty much diametrically opposed to what I understand to be Dave's stance regarding Napster and copyrighted music. He's likening sharing existing CD content using Napster to pirating copies of Windows 2000 (or for that matter Frontier.)

It is at least a consistent argument.

..Mark..