Re: Guido and Richard

Author:Ken MacLeod
Posted:9/8/2000; 7:36:56 AM
Topic:Guido and Richard

The pejorative exactly matches the level of pejorative used in yesterday's Scripting News:

Stallman's philosophy is not open source, it's not the spirit of sharing, it's not generous. It has other purposes, it's designed to create a wall between commercial development and free development.

I realize that I was too quick to respond in some messages in the past few days, and slipped up and let sloppy arguments and thinking get in the way of reasonable responses. It's an easy trap to fall into. In many cases I was, in fact, unable to respond to the majority of points because so many messages were mixing in valid points with pejoratives, repeated misstatements, etc.

I would enjoy hearing any criticism, good or bad, of my thinking process. I pride myself on keeping a clear thought process, and feel bad when I slip out of it.