Re: Guido and Richard

Author:Ken MacLeod
Posted:9/8/2000; 8:16:36 AM
Topic:Guido and Richard

Very much, I believe there have been a lot of disconnects in the past few weeks.

I stand by my assertion that you didn't and don't have sole ownership of RSS, or even a majority stake at any time, and that those who had and have a majority stake in it are behind the RDF+NS proposal. I'm prepared to back up my assertion, but I won't do it in a essay on the subject. Essays, like long message board posts, have a sense of scattershot that makes it really difficult to truly address the concerns, opinions, and facts.

I'm not "insisting" that there's such a thing as RSS 1.0, I'm recognizing the breakdown of reasonable discussion from all parties on the subject which is making this into the fait accompli of a conspiracy as has been asserted by others (an assertion that I don't believe can be backed up).