XML-RPC System for User Log In

Author:Aaron Swartz
Posted:9/9/2000; 9:50:30 PM
Topic:Biggest barrier to building a community in Manila

I hate having to sign up for each and every Manila Weblog.

Me too. I'm planning on starting a working group to create an XML-RPC system to allow various web servers to share user logins. That way, you'd register once, on a storage server that you trusted, then that system would automatically register you and log you in for every other web site you wanted to use that supported this system. This could also help deal with the security/password worries. If anyone is interested in this project, please send me an email at aswartz@upclink.com and I'll keep you up-to-date. I plan on starting a development WG soon, and I'm looking for people to help out. It'd be really cool if Manila supported this system when it was finished -- making it rediculously easy to join a Manila site.

Thanks!