Re: Public Domain.

Author:David McCusker
Posted:9/10/2000; 3:45:33 PM
Topic:Guido and Richard

William Crim: I can't really think of too many EXPLICITLY public domain pieces of code.

Below is the license excerpted from one of my code files. Note the conditions under which public domain explicitly applies. I omit the copyright because it's simple and obvious (for myself in some year).

// LICENSE: This "ethical license" has three parts: FREE, KEEP, and PEEL:
// 1. FREE: You are free to do anything as long as you either KEEP or PEEL;
// 2. KEEP: You must keep the COPYRIGHT and LICENSE unchanged, or else PEEL;
// 3. PEEL: You can peel off both COPYRIGHT and LICENSE to yield an embedded
// public domain version of this file if and only if you remove all comments
// from the source code written by the copyright holder; for a public domain
// copy of this file, every single original coding comment must be removed.