Re: Anti-Microsoft sentiment

Author:David McCusker
Posted:9/16/2000; 12:23:02 AM
Topic:Debunking the OSS Bazaar?

David McCusker: I know Microsoft was many employees every bit as smart as me, and many others even smarter. And all of them have marching orders that say my place in the world is not useful to them unless I work for Microsoft. There is no sentiment of "the more the merrier." The game is played as if it is zero sum most of the time, when it most obviously is not.

Joshua Allen: I see a couple of things there, but one that jumps out in this and other points you make is perceived arrogance. Once again I respectfully refrain from arguing correctness of the perception, but will agree that the perception of Microsoft being arrogant does seem to be a major factor in the anti-MS sentiment.

No, my point is not intended to be about arrogance. I'm not really concerned about whether they are arrogant. I'm concerned that they are dangerous because this behavior is sociopathic, at least as a company convention if not a personal mental condition. That many are as smart as me means they have no excuse for such bad behavior. They can't blame it on stupidity or bad logic.