Re: expansionState

Author:Dave Winer
Posted:9/16/2000; 4:21:52 PM
Topic:Outline XML files need a name

Yeah, but..

Rules are orthogonal to OPML. They are carried in the content, not understood by or recognized by the format, it's an interesting idea, but I think would interfere with the transparency of the format.

What we're going to look for are real server-side apps that render OPML documents that care about expansionState. Those guys will squeal loudly (I hope) and show us why it's important to add a common attribute.