Re: scriptingNews outline: junior high

Author:Eric Soroos

Stuff like this keeps me looking for contract jobs. Mercenary work where your politics are not important or not paid attention to.

There's a wonderful quote from Neil Stephenson's Diamond Age about this sort of thing.

(from memory, spoken by the consultant just back from his last war)

It's amazing how much money you can make shoveling back the tide. But then, there is no honor among consultants. In the end he will just go down as another 2 bit warlord that could't make the grade.

Of course, he wasn't talking about consultants to the computer industry, but than again, who knows.

Or maybe it's not a related quote, but I still think it's cool.

eric