scriptingNews outline for 9/20/2000

Author:Dave Winer

DaveNet: What is P2P? "As the sun was rising a cricket chirped loudly outside my bedroom window, the bar room dream flickered in and out. I got up from bed, made some coffee, I just had to write this story. Like all dreams this isn't exactly how it went, but this is what I remember."

David McCusker: Anti-Flame Capsule. "A few years ago, I asked myself what I could do to actively prevent others from taking offense from my writing. I studied my past failures for clues, and came up with a theory that tends to work for me."

David Davies has email-to-Manila working. How it works.

Jason Kottke responds to the Flash Usability Challenge.

What's going on at NetDyslexia? Andre explains.

AP: House OKs Music Copyright Bill: "Lawmakers last year backed a four-line amendment to copyright law that changed a law artists say gives them ownership of their 'sound recordings' 35 years after they debut. After protests from musicians, the House passed a bill by voice vote returning the law to its former state Tuesday."

Salon: Apple's "1-click" deal leaves a sour taste.

WSJ: "Amex counters that the patent shouldn’t have been issued, and argues that it was working on exchange-traded funds before Mopex. 'Their patent is not valid, and even if it were, we do not believe we are infringing,” says Stuart I. Friedman, a New York lawyer representing Amex."

Emmanuel Decarie posts new glue for BBEdit 6.0.

Seattle Frontier User's Group meeting, Sept 26.

"jfk"