Scripting Question

Author:roger
Posted:9/20/2000; 9:15:29 AM
Topic:Scripting Question

I have a question.

If I want a pop up window to happen when the user closes the window or types in and goes to a new URL, but NOT if they hit the back or forward buttons, does anybody know how I could script that?

I couldn't find an answer in Javascript. onUnload will bring up the "function(popup)" when the back button is hit, and using "if" to check the history still won't distinguish between "back" and closing the window or typing in a new URL.

Thanks,

rg