Re: snowballs (Anti-Microsoft sentiment)

Author:Dave Rogers
Posted:9/20/2000; 10:58:14 AM
Topic:Debunking the OSS Bazaar?

This is how it is and how it always will be.

Your words, Joshua, not mine.

Dave McCusker did a fine job refuting that it is not exactly how it is even now, and I assert that it is by no means how it will always be.

You asserted something as a fact. You did not identify it as a problem. That you should know something of why it is not true now and will be less true in the future, if we choose not to make it true, is what I alluded to in my comment that of all people you should know better.

You make many provocative comments Joshua. Some of them I agree with, others I am somewhat dumbfounded how you arrived at the conclusions you seem to have reached. I've replied to a number of your posts and deleted most of them because I don't feel that I can do the topics justice in the time I have to devote to this. So I have been following the thread. I have a lot of thoughts about power distribution as a monoculture, I'm interested to know what human problems businesses have solved better than governments, but I'm not sure I'm prepared to put the investment in time into this that you and Dave McCusker seem able to. Even now, I'm due at the dentist in ten minutes.

Your comment about the rich getting richer and the poor getting poorer, as if that were some immutable law of the universe, really made me angry. I've learned that anger comes from fear, and I think what frightened me is to read such a hopeless, pernicious assertion come from someone so young and intelligent.

I considered deleting the post because I felt it might be unfairly dismissive of your opinion because of your youth. But I let it stand because I still feel it's valid and I don't think it's unfair.

If you care to illuminate what this says about me, or otherwise convince me that I've been unfair, I'll happily amend the remarks.

Gotta run. I look forward to your reply.