Re: reserved words in OPML?

Author:Dave Winer
Posted:9/26/2000; 6:10:04 AM
Topic:reserved words in OPML?

This sounds like a good use for XML namespaces.

Swap in a layer of complexity just so two people don't use the same type name?

Here's what happens in the real world. Joe Schmoe writes a new nodetype and calls it Bzagnfanguilp, thinking no one has chosen that name. He releases it through his website and fifteen people come back at him and say "Joe you idiot, don't you know that there's already a nodetype called Bzagnfanguilp. Change it now or we will stalk you without mercy!"

This method uses a new technology called "people". There's always a tradeoff. I like people. I'm a people person.

"buddha"