Re: lemonade

Author:David McCusker
Posted:9/27/2000; 11:59:44 AM
Topic:professionalism and lemonade

Dave Winer: I suggest that instead of focusing so much attention on me or Tim, or UserLand or O'Reilly, ...

I think folks writing in your discussion group should drop the personal stuff as a played out sub theme, and go on to the technical issues. (But I'm cynical enough to expect subtle interference with an evolutionary RSS from folks who want to see everyone move en masse to a revolutionary RSS. Gently applying brakes to that might work.)

Dave Winer: ... let's put the same amount of energy into the installed base of users of RSS, and learn about what they're doing, and see what can be done to make the technology more powerful without sacrificing what they value about RSS.

That's the ticket. I think we need a new brand name that conveys simplicity, that can be used in conjunction with other brand names as a modifier.