Re: Salon's value

Author:Dave Winer
Posted:9/29/2000; 1:08:39 PM
Topic:Salon's value

After all the mind bombs of the last few years, I'm reluctant not to trust my gut on this one. I think the Internet is a very different publishing environment from print, and I'm fairly sure you agree. Micro-pubs controlling whole industries is what I see. The people come and go, but the features of products are driven by users of the products. More outsourced manufacturing, less value for manufacturers. It's definitely going to happen in the computer business. And since computers are showing up everywhere, there aren't many corners it won't reach. It won't happen this year, that's why now is the time to get the rep for having the most smart people writing under your banner. Become the default location for smartness on the Web. In 2002 or 2003 that will be the powerspot in all the world economies, imho.