Re: Do you use a Palm Pilot?

Author:danlyke@pixar.com
Posted:10/12/1998; 9:39:03 AM
Topic:Suggestion: Explore the Calendar

How about just serving up the page without any formatting beyond HTML1.0 except where you're actually presenting tabular data? That way, those of us who abhor white backgrounds and wasted space can configure our browsers to display your pages in a manner comfortable to us, whether on the PalmPilot (which I do use to read web pages sometimes) or on the desktop.

Because of my preference for black backgrounds I've had several complaints about my pages, so I'm about to revamp my pages to allow this with a cookie even 'though they're not "dynamically served" (just setting them up as Apache shtml pages).