Re: Re: Re: MDI envirorment?

Author:Jim Roepcke
Posted:10/20/1998; 4:13:55 PM
Topic:Suggestion: Explore the Calendar

I wouldn't say UserLand's brain dead for using MDI for Frontier 5 for Windows, but I will say I wish it didn't use it.

(I wonder what other Frontier users think. "Survey says"!)

Of course, MDI has it's place -- but my time with Frontier on the Mac skewed me in that direction -- I liked that mode of working better.

Visual Basic (Windows) lets you choose MDI or SDI -- I always choose SDI.

Anyway, I'd love it if MDI was optional. If it was, perhaps you wouldn't need to embed the HTML control so deeply, strengthening your connection with the browser would be an option.

Dave, I can send you a screen shot of what VB looks like in MDI and SDI modes if you want to see how it does it.

I would also appreciate anyone who likes MDI telling me why -- real examples of how it can be useful/better... I'd like to understand how people on the other side of the fence rationalize this issue.

Jim