Re: Re: MDI envirorment?

Author:Dave Winer
Posted:10/20/1998; 1:10:55 PM
Topic:Suggestion: Explore the Calendar

MDI stands for Multiple Document Interface.

It's a fancy name for one window containing all the other windows that an app has open. Instead of having a menu bar at the top of each window, the menu bar is at the top of the main window.

Look at any screen shot of Frontier on Windows for an example.

And it's probably just a matter of moments before someone says we're brain-dead for using MDI. We aren't but they'll say it anyway. Whatever.

Dave