Re: Apple vs Microsoft re Quicktime

Author:Christoph Pingel
Posted:11/12/1998; 3:51:09 AM
Topic:First message

I think Tevanians essay makes perfect sense. But on the other hand, how does Apple behave (think) "different"? The last time I was looking up the Be web site to see if I can run BeOS on a PowerMac G3, it said "no". Why? Because Apple hides important specs. I see no difference between a hardware manufacturer who keeps others from playing on the platform and a OS provider who obviuosly does the same.