Re: Re: Re: Apple vs Microsoft re Quicktime

Author:mat@artsit.usyd.edu.au
Posted:11/11/1998; 6:14:27 PM
Topic:First message

If you read the Mindcraft article, it says "Our tests used Microsoft-supplied media files with 11 filename extensions" - from my point of view this isn't a 'independent test lab'.

The files that Microsoft supplied had intentionally incorrect filename extensions (all three of the so-called 'test failures'). The extension 'qt' is an INCORRECT extension for a QuickTime movie (it should be '.mov').

The plug-in should not handle files with incorrect extensions (just as Microsoft Word shouldn't be expected to handle doc files with a '.xxx' filename).