Do you believe Clinton?

Author:Dave Winer
Posted:12/20/1998; 9:59:46 AM
Topic:Cardboard Cutout People

I think all lies by politicians are intolerable, small or large. The small ones become large over time. Your argument would have made sense if Clinton had come clean after lying in the Jones case. The lies have gotten bigger and bigger as the year went on.

BTW, we're to blame for this, the US electorate, it was our tolerance of lies, our desire for lies, that created President Clinton. If we didn't want lies, he'd still be in Arkansas.

Let's turn this into a question -- Do you believe Clinton? Did you listen to his speech yesterday? What, of what he said, do you believe?

Dave