Re: bigger than themselves

Author:Rick Eames
Posted:12/20/1998; 10:33:01 AM
Topic:Cardboard Cutout People

Do I belive there are gradiations to lying? No, I don't. The oath isn't "I'll tell the truth about somethings, maybe I'll tell the truth about others." It doesn't make that distinction. He is the President and ought to be held to a higher standard.

Your George Bush argument is bad: he got his ass booted out for lying. So he paid the price. Clinton lies constantly and people reward him for it because they like him.

Your argument about a golf score is another bad one. If he lied about it, got others to lie about, delayed and delayed for a year to cover it up, it would show not so much that he was a liar, but that he has some kind of large mental problem if he's willing to go to great lengths to cover something up like that. Jesus, if he's willing to go to this much trouble to cover up something obvious, imagine what he's doing for things far more serious (FBI Files, China, Travel, etc.).

I did make the call -- he should be out on his ass.