Re: People With Minds (that disagree)

Author:Stan Purington
Posted:12/22/1998; 1:16:16 PM
Topic:DaveNet comments

Sorry, but I don't feel used. Perhaps because you don't agree with the President you feel he must be using those who support him. I happen to believe that the serious charges against him come as a result of a campaign to smear and destroy his presidency, and his agenda. Why should I support outcomes that reward those who are destroying our democracy?

Many of those who are attacking the President (in this case I refer specifically to those involved in this case, not members of this group) aren't attacking him because he is Bill Clinton. They attack him because they disagree with his agenda, and his ability to carry it out. If his opponents were able to control the agenda they wouldn't be wasting time on all these hearings, they'ld be cutting taxes and doing away with the Dept of Education etc.

In my opinion this is just a continuation of the power struggle which we need to get over so that we start discussions of the more important issues facing the nation.