Re: People With Minds (that disagree)

Author:Shawn Callahan
Posted:12/22/1998; 1:56:04 PM
Topic:DaveNet comments

Diane Fienstien that GOP opperative is not a happy camper. He lied to her face to face. She feels betrayed. Joe Libermann too.

Bill Clinton has his enemys, true. So does/did old Newty. To assume I am one of them is a bit of a leap. Policy or agenda is not Bill Clinton. The two are seperateable. Yes his attackers may not agree with his agenda, heck plenty of liberals dont agree with his agenda/policies either. Look at it this way, are Ideas bigger than people? The Republican party survived Richard Nixon. The Democrat Party survived worse than Bill Clinton (1860's Jefferson Davis and a civil war that it caused for example). The message is what is imortant, not the percieved messenger. Bill Clinton like it or not commited purgery. How he got to that point is sad, but he too bears at least some of the responsiblity for all of this mess. He delivered himself to his enemies. Ideas transcend all of this.

The doomsayers think that the government will fall apart, the markets will drop, flies, boils, fear. They appeal to our darker impulses because they fear an honest appraisal of themselves. Lament the fact that we are here. Both sides are responsible. Now what do we do? Bitch and moan about it or move on? No one is clean. But we are where we are for a reason. You cant pin it all on one side.

As far as a "campaign to smear and destroy his presidency, and his agenda" the republicans would have pulled this a long time ago if they could have. Clinton is not too clean on that front either, Bimbo eruptions was a term coined by his own opperatives...Scorched earth policy was a threat that is comming home to roost. Again no one is clean.