Re: People With Minds (that disagree)

Author:Shawn Callahan
Posted:12/22/1998; 12:26:29 PM
Topic:DaveNet comments

Dave I've read that something like 75percent of the public think that the house voting on articles of impeachment meant that the prez was to be removed from office right then. Bill Clinton has been charged, not convicted. Therefore, he is not impeached. He will be put on trial in the senate. A simple majority of senators can an will vote to impeach, he then is impeached. 2/3rds are needed vote to convict then he is impeached AND removed.

The house basically did all it can do. Any other action by the house to punish the president directly is a Bill of Attainer and unconstiutional, thus the Whitehouse wanted a house censure that will be overturnable in court. The senate can dicipline the President. It needed to wait for the house theatrics to be completed.

I dont think the man should be removed from office. His actions; however, deserve what he is getting.

My democrat friends need to learn to seperate the agenda from him. This cult of personality where people are blindly following him is sad. He lied to people, right to thier faces. He used his friends. He continues to use thier loyalty to save his butt. Teamsters beating up protesters, bombing a reps office, Actors telling people to stone a chairman's family, private detectives hired to dig up dirt on congresssional representatives, declarations of war, and ken stars as well as the whitehouse's leaking of grand jury evidence.... to quote the bard.."thou protest too much" This is hiting a big fat nerve. People dont want to examine thier own feelings and shortcomings. Part of AA's recovery program is admiting mistakes and taking steps to reperate them. Only then can you move forward. Honesty is what is important, but sadly, not popular or easy.