Re: Content tools and XML-RPC

Author:Ian Beatty
Posted:1/20/1999; 10:04:52 AM
Topic:Frontier on MacOS X Server

OK, I'd forgotten about the http part of this equation. I'm not sure what th solution is for this, as most of the apps we want to hook up to this mechanism are not http-aware. Thoughts?

Wouldn't it be great to have system-level HTTP support integrated with the TCP stack, so that any app could use it through the API? Perhaps an equvalent effect could be achieved by running an "HTTP client engine" as a system extension or background process, and using it via AppleScript/AppleEvents or whatever the Windows equivalent is (COM? I don't know the Windows termimology, sorry).

-- Ian