Re: Content tools and XML-RPC

Author:Wesley Felter
Posted:1/20/1999; 11:51:59 AM
Topic:Frontier on MacOS X Server

Wouldn't it be great to have system-level HTTP support integrated with the TCP stack, so that any app could use it through the API?

On MacOS this is codenamed "Subwoofer" (the real name is somthing boring like "URL access"); I'm not sure if it's in 8.5 or 8.6. On Windows I believe it's called WinInet. On Java it's called URLConnection. As long as you can handle the XML, the OS will handle the HTTP (client) duties.