scriptingNews outline for 2/20/99

Author:Dave Winer

Reuters: Movie critic Gene Siskel dies.

Upside asks: "Ever walk through a graveyard and wonder about the people behind the names on the tombstones?"

Jeff Veen: Whatever happened to PNG?

Is it just me or is everything happening today about dead things and people?

I went thru the picture archive and came across some beautiful pictures that I wanted to share: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17.

Builder.com wants you to choose the most innovative web people.

InfoWorld: LinuxWorld Announcements. March 1-4, San Jose CA.

Upside: Vignette vs Broadvision.

Red Herring: Vignette's IPO.

Press Release: Web3D consortium launches X3D standardization initiative for web and broadcast 3D graphics.

Standard: War at Wired.