Thwarted by MSIE 5.0b2/Win

Author:Dave Winer
Posted:2/21/1999; 7:55:42 AM
Topic:Thwarted by MSIE 5.0b2/Win

Consider this screen shot..

What happened?

Hey, I understand why a user needs to be insulated from the error message that the server generated, but I'm a developer, and there's a bug lurking behind that page.

Unfortunately, when I come in thru Netscape, or tcp.httpClient, the error doesn't happen. We're doing something wrong, it depends on us running Microsoft's software, but the software isn't telling us what we told it to tell the user!

Help me here. How do I disable Microsoft's friendly front end so I can dig in and find out what went wrong?

To be clear, what I want is the full HTTP response.

BTW, this could be a Microsoft-Microsoft problem, we're passing all requests on that machine thru IIS. So we don't even know which bit of server software is calling it a bad request.