Less than forty minutes!

Author:Dave Winer
Posted:2/21/1999; 8:34:29 AM
Topic:Thwarted by MSIE 5.0b2/Win

Ramesh Indhewat asks: "Have you tried this? Go to the Tools menu and select "Internet Options" and then select the Advanced tab in the resulting dialog. Under the Browsing heading, look for an entry called Show Friendly HTTP Error Messages, and uncheck it.

It worked. I now get the error message from the server.

400 Bad Request Every HTTP/1.1 request must include a Host header

Onward. Thank you! Scripting News is an incredible resource. Worldwide round-the-clock.. You got a problem? We got the answer. Excellent!