XML Scriptlets & COM

Author:Michael Myers
Posted:2/23/1999; 7:52:10 AM
Topic:XML Scriptlets & COM

This is interesting. Reminded me of "is XML a scripting language?". I thought others might want to read it.

This excerpt gives you flavor of where the article leads:

[jeez, I can't get bold text anymore]

Writing COM Objects with Scripting Languages
Dino Esposito
Microsoft Corporation

XML scriptlets provide a more general infrastructure for script-based components, where the focus is more on the behavior of the component than on its user interface.

A short but accurate definition for an XML scriptlet might be the following: "COM component written in a scripting language." You can write them with Microsoft JScript® development software, Microsoft Visual Basic® Scripting Edition (VBScript), and any other language for which there exists an ActiveX scripting-compliant parser.

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/techart/msdn_xmlscripts.htm