Re: FAQ: Do you love Microsoft?

Author:Andrew Wooldridge
Posted:2/27/1999; 11:56:15 PM
Topic:Mail to the Future Server Functionality

You know - since Gecko is open-source - all you need to do to get xml-rpc enabled is get some programmer who wants to tackle this job to write some C++ and check it in to the OSS code at mozilla.org

There is absolutely no reason why Gecko/Mozilla browser couldn't do what you want and more - without having to go through intermediaries like you might have to do at Microsoft.

I would challenge anyone reading this who wants xml-rpc for mozilla to find some coders and get them on the CVS tree for gecko!

I'm not saying it's an easy or trivial task, but it _is_ just a matter of finding someone who would take the time to do it - not a matter of trying to get some third party out of your control to do it.

---Also - on another note - you will be able to create HTML-enabled pages from within a page - meaning you will have an HTML-savvy form field in Gecko that let's you create and view in the field HTML as it would look like were it read on it's own in the browser...