Re: "supportsIndexing" and First DG

Author:David Theige
Posted:3/3/1999; 11:44:54 AM
Topic:[Bug] search engine getting msg numbers wrong

The response I posted here originally was wrong. I should have tested it first. I think Daniel Berlinger got this right in the next response. The docs on mainResponder and Searching may be helpful.

I think the error is being generated by a script living at config.mainResponder.callbacks.addMessage.index. This script assumes that you want to index the page and throws an error message if your discussion group doesn't support indexing...

If you don't want to index your discussion group you could remove the callback scripts at config.mainResponder.editMessage.index and addMessage.index.